Friday, May 24, 2013

What I'm learning

Suffice it to say that as an author I have a lot to learn. What God's teaching me right now is how to spot Point Of View mistakes in my manuscript and in some of my favorite books/authors.I'm so glad that it's getting easier to spot something that a month ago I couldn't wrap my brain around. Thanks to my awesome editor and some writing resources, I think I'm getting it. At least better than before.

As I continue to make my scenes stay in one characters POV I will also be learning about showing and not telling. It's all a lot of work, but I believe that not having a boring book that readers loose interest in is well worth the time and effort. I also, have to admit, that it's kind of fun experimenting with one scene written in different POV's. Trying to spot POV done incorrectly is like playing "Where's Waldo" in black and white text. I always loved those picture books.

No comments:

Post a Comment