Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tardis in progress

My current project is turning and old kitchen cabinet into the tardis. It will hang in our bathroom, just above the potty.

How did I get started on this delightful project? Well, it's a long story but it involves a bathroom that was not regularly cleaned by certain people in this house. When I could stand it no more, I went in, scoured the bathroom, even replaced the plastic shower liner, and locked the door. I told said people that the bathroom was no longer in service and they would have to move to the bathroom on the main floor, which they would then be expected to clean. This would share the duty amongst three instead of just two.

Now we have a shortage of storage space in the bathroom that four are now using as well as our guests. So...if you need more storage, the only logical solution is to make a cabinet that looks like Doctor Who's tardis. Right?

Here are pics of our fist day on the project. My dad is helping me with it. I got to use POWER TOOLS!

 See those windows? I had a great idea. instead of creating faux window panes, I'm going to store our toilet paper on the top self. Presto! white windows.

I'm hoping that with one more day of work it will be finished. At least is should be completely built, but the paining may take another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment