Sunday, September 22, 2013

Best Back of the Book Synopsis Ever!

What do you expect from the synopsis on the back cover of a book? Do you want it to be an excerpt from the book? Perhaps an introduction to the characters and issues they face?

I have read book covers, that made me laugh, intrigued me, disgusted me, and made me excited to read more. Some I merely skim, others I read with baited breath. And still others I put back on the shelf after a few sentences.

But, I have never read a book synopsis that made me cry because I wanted so desperately to read it. Can you imagine reading a back cover that made you desperate to crack the binding and dive into its pages. What would you do if this book was sealed tight and you couldn't get into it?

There is a book cover that had such a profound effect on the Apostle John. Listen to this...
Revelation 5:1-5 (NASB)
"I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals.
And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, 'Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?'
And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it.
Then I began to weep greatly because no one was found worthy to open the book or to look into it;
and one of the elders said to me, 'Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals.'"


Okay, so this picture doesn't have the writing on the outside, but you can get an idea for what it may look like.

John really wanted to hear what was in that book. Do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment